May 25, 2014
G12 module family has many unique features, making it
the preferred solution in many instances. In this episode, Tim and
Helge discuss favorite advantages to remember:
- --Completely tool-less installation – Installing the module on
the flat cable does not require a screwdriver. This even includes
the addressing jack.
- --Metal M12 – This is a preference for many customers. All M12
connections on the module are metal. By the way, the base and the
mounting bar are metal as well.
- --DIN mount – Many customers ask for it and the metal mounting
base on the G12 AS-Interface modules has it.
- --Great fault indication – Just like the G11 modules, overland
indication is per each output. It is important to know that
overloading an output does not negatively impact inputs or control
over the remaining outputs.
- --Exceptional I/O selection – I/O mixes include all the common
combinations like 4 input and 4 input/4 output. The G12 also comes
in a less common 2 input/2 output and even as a 4-output version.
Add an 8-input style, a safety module, and specialty solution with
AUX powered inputs, and you have a great application solver.
Read the blog post:
Industrial Sensors: Differences Between No-load Supply Current and