May 18, 2014
In this episode, Helge and Tim cover the unusual and exceptional
G11 module family. Immediately obvious is the unique
round housing, which offers many important advantages for an
- --Sturdy mounting base – You need to see this. The base is
exceptionally sturdy, easy to work with, and comes with the
- --Ingenious O-ring design – This design results in IP68/69K
protection without the need to encapsulate the electronics.
- --Great fault indication – Overland indication per each output.
It is important to know that overloading an output does not
negatively impact inputs or control over the remaining
- --Flat cable or M12 connection – There are many cases where
flat cable connections are exactly what is needed. But in a
trunk/drop type installation, the M12 connection option is cleaner
- --Access to M12 ports – Better access to the M12 connections is
a direct consequence of the round housing. Round also adds
attractive symmetry to the layout irrespective of the direction of
- --I/O selection – The I/O selection is superb. In addition to
digital I/O types, we offer a good selection of analog input and
output modules. And our 8-input module still supports automatic
module replacement. Not something everybody can claim.
- --Power24 – Modules designed to this specification can operate
at lower voltages, which means they are suitable in cases where the
voltage drop along the network is greater or in cases where the
primary feed voltage is lower than the standard 30.5 V.